Sunday, August 10, 2008

So much to learn, so little time. . .

By far, the hardest thing for me to do when planning out upcoming learning year is planning what NOT to do!  I really do LOVE to learn and I love to think about all of the possibilities for what things my children might learn this year. . . 

However, it is simply not possible to cram in every good thing into one learning year or even into one lifetime. . . 

so that leaves me with the questions I am asking in these last few weeks of planning:

When I look at my list of things of good things we would like to cover this year, 
-what is essential (I run this through our goals for our children)?
-what is needed for each child right now?
-what are my children most interested in learning about?
-of the rest of my "list," what is BEST?

and then (sadly, but necessarily), I simply must leave some plans on the cutting room floor. (sad sigh)

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I love it Jenn! I'm right there with you in the planning department. Maybe I need to "blogit" too, so I'm not scrambling for learning records each month! Great idea~

Carolyn T said...

LOVE your idea to BLOG on the whole home school plan!!!! I have been struggling with HOW on earth I am going to get it "together" this year with all of lifes new twists and turns.......I think I saw on your other blog that you are reading "Keeping Your Child's Heart"...Is that by the Maxwell's?
Can't wait to see what you are doing here!!
All for ONE!!!
Care

Jen said...

Carolyn,

Yes, it is by the Maxwells and definitely provides some food for thought. I love your family picture on your blog! I need to add your blog to my sidebar so I remember to read it!

Nice to meet you!
Jen